Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 (8- to 10-inch long) tenderloin, cut in half vertically
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup finely chopped onion
8 mushrooms, finely chopped
1 cup fine breadcrumbs
2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1½ cups white wine
2½ cups chicken broth, divided
2½ tablespoons cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cut a deep lengthwise pocket in each half of tenderloin (not on membrane side).
3. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms
and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce burner to low heat then add breadcrumbs, blue cheese, salt, and
pepper; blend thoroughly.
4. Stuff pork pockets with mixture, pushing it deep into each cavity; tie each half securely (cut eight 8”
pieces of string). Set skillet aside for later use.
5. Put stuffed tenderloins into a medium casserole dish; top with remaining stuffing. Bake, uncovered, for
30 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees and bake, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes; set aside for now.
6. In same skillet, add juices from casserole dish and wine to deglaze. Add 2 cups of the broth, put on
low, and add meat to skillet. Cover and cook at a low simmer for about 10 minutes.
7. Place tenderloins on serving platter and set aside.
8. Combine cornstarch and remaining ½ cup of broth in a measuring cup; blend well. Slowly add to
skillet; blend and let thicken slightly.
9. Slice tenderloins and pour gravy over slices.