Blueberry Coffee Cake
Why I Love This Recipe
My family loves this recipe for a breakfast menu item. We also make this dish in preparation for road trips. We often double the recipe. Although the recipe title states “Coffee”, there is no coffee in the recipe.
Ingredients You'll Need
• Main batter
o ½ cup butter, softened
o 1 cup sugar
o 2 eggs
o 2 cups flour
o 1 teaspoon baking powder
o ¼ teaspoon salt
o 1 cup sour cream (or Plain Greek yogurt)
o 1 teaspoon vanilla
o 2.5 cups blueberries (fresh preferred, frozen work, 15oz can also works)
o ½ cup sugar
o 1/3 cup flour
o ¼ cup butter, softened
o 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
• Grease 9x11 casserole dish
• Cream butter and sugar
• Add in other ingredients 1 at a time via the mixer, except for blueberries.
• Fold in blueberries
• Pour mixture into casserole dish and spread out evenly. The batter will be very thick and should be spread out evenly in the pan
• Create topping by combining all ingredients in a bowl and use a fork to mix ingredients together.
• Using a fork or your hand, drop small clumps of the topping mixture onto the batter in the pan.
• Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the cake is full cooked. (One method to check is stick a toothpick into cake and it should come out clean. A second method is to gently press on the cake and it should bounce back).