Blueberry Cornbread Muffins
Why I Love This Recipe
These blueberry cornbread muffins are great for breakfast!
Submitted by: "Ryan Ayers"
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup corn meal (yellow or white)
1 cup all-purpose flour (whole wheat or white)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2-3 teaspoons turbinado or cane sugar (optional)
1 1/8 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix dry ingredients (corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar) together in a large bowl.
3. Add the milk, oil, and eggs to bowl and mix until thoroughly blended.
4. Add the blueberries to batter and mix thoroughly.
5. Spoon batter into a muffin tin. Tin should be lined with paper/foil cups OR lightly greased with vegetable oil.
6. OPTIONAL: Lightly sprinkle additional sugar on top of muffins for extra sweetness.
7. Place muffin tin in oven and bake for 20-24 minutes until golden brown. Test with a fork to ensure muffins are cooked through before removing from oven.
8. Recommended to serve warm with small dab of butter.
-Substitute sugar with honey
-Substitute canola oil with 1/2 cup of melted butter
-Substitute milk with almond or soy milk as preferred
-Add your favorite chopped nuts for extra crunch (recommend walnuts, almonds, or pecans)