Blueberry Protein Cupcakes
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
¼ cup almond meal
¼ cup vanilla whey protein
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup Natvia
Pinch of salt
1 large egg white
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup frozen (or fresh) blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 175 C
2. Line a muffin tin with 8 cupcake liner.
3. Whisk eggs and egg white together.
4. Then mix in vanilla, applesauce and almond milk.
5. Set mixture aside.
6. In a medium bowl, sift together all dry ingredients and mix well.
7. Place blueberries in a small bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon of the dry ingredients.
8. Add wet ingredients to remaining dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
9. Fold in blueberries and fill cupcake liners with the batter.
10. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
11. Allow cupcakes to cool for half an hour before.