Bofrot (Frosted donut without the chocolate)
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 ½ Cup Flour
1 ½ tsp Active Yeast
¼ Cup Sugar
1 Cup Water
1⁄8 Cup Warm water
¼ tsp grated nutmet
¼ Pint Vegetable oil
1. Pour warm water in a mixing bowl
2. Add yeast with a pinch of salt, and let it rise or until you see the top foams.
3. Mix in flour, nutmeg, egg, sugar and salt. Mix well for about 5 minutes.
4. Allow mixture to sit for about 2-3 hours, or is double in size.
5. In a medium saucepan, pour in the vegetable oil and let it heat for about 8 minutes on the stove on medium heat.
6. Use your hand or a tablespoon to scoop the dough mixture in small pieces into the heated oil.
7. Use the kebab stick to turn the floating white side of the now ball dough.
8. When it’s been cooked for about 3 minutes into a golden ball, remove with a flat strainer and cool in a strainer.
9. Place a clean container.
10. Can be served with honey or sprinkle with powered sugar.
11. Serves about 6 pieces per person.
Nutrition Facts per batch