"This Bourbon Chicken is a flavorful chicken dish where the chicken is marinated in a bourbon and soy sauce marinade. Served over rice, this dish is easy and delicious!"Serves 4 | Prep Time 10 | Cook Time 20
Why I Love This Recipe
Bourbon chicken was the dish I’d always have whenever we used to go to the mall for a quick lunch. I loved it because it’s so flavorful and the chicken is so juicy and tender.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
1. Whis all the marinade ingredients together in a medium bowl thoroughly. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, toss them around, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
2. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium to high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add half the marinade to the chicken and continue cooking until the marinade turns into a thicker sauce and the chicken is fully cooked. Should take another 5 to 10 minutes.
3. If you want some extra sauce, cook the remaining marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat, for about 5 to 10 minutes until it reduces about half and thickens a bit.
4. Serve the chicken over rice and garnish with chives.