Bourbon Pecan Pie
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1 (9-inch) deep dish pie shell, unbaked
• 1 cup sugar
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• 4 tablespoons butter, melted
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 2 cups pecan halves
• 2 tablespoons good-quality bourbon
• 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, brown sugar and melted butter.
3. Add the corn syrup, eggs, pecans, bourbon, vanilla extract and salt, then stir until all ingredients are combined.
4. Pour mixture into an unbaked pie shell, and place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees, and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until pie is set.
a. Cover with foil if crust begins to brown to keep from burning the crust.
6. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.