Bread Bowl Seafood Dip
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
* 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
* 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
* 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
* Assorted fresh vegetables
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Stir in the shrimp, crab, 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese and onions.
Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
Spoon seafood mixture into bread shell. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil and place on a baking sheet.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Unwrap; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and dip is heated through. Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.