Why I Love This Recipe
Great bread sticks to eat with a pasta meal. My mother gave me this recipe.
Ingredients You'll Need
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried basil
⅛ tsp pepper
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tbl cold water
1 can (11 oz) refrigerated breadstick dough
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Combine Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside. Beat egg white with cold water; set aside.
2. Unroll breadstick dough; separate along perforation lines.
3. Cut each dough strip in half lengthwise to make two separate strips, each about ½ inch thick.
4. Pat half of cheese and herb mixture onto dough strips, pressing firmly to adhere.
5. Twist each strip of dough on baking sheet to form bread twist. Brush twists with each egg mixture; sprinkle twists with remaining cheese and herb mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.