Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
12 eggs, beaten
1 lb bulk sausage, cooked (or crumbled links)
1/2 cup chunky salsa (your choice of heat)
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
24 flour tortillas (you can also use whole wheat)
1 green pepper, finely diced (optional)
6 potatoes, shredded and fried until cooked through (optional) or 6 hash browns (optional)
jalapeno, slices (optional)
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (optional)
1 -2 garlic clove, finely minced (optional)
1 onion, finely diced (optional)
1 tomato, peeled and chopped (optional)
2 green onions, sliced with tops (optional)
1. Scramble eggs in large skillet until done; stir in cooked sausage and salsa.
2. Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
3. Place 1/2 cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
4. Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
5. When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; place wrapped burritos in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
6. TO SERVE: Unwrap burritos from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
7. Wrap in a paper towel.
8. Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
9. Or thaw burritos (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), wrap burritos in foil, and bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.