Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1) 3lb beef brisket (I always get from the butcher with a corner of the fat on top cut off. Grandpa told me this made the juice drip easier)
- (2) picks of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- (1) Beef Bouillon Cube
- (5-6) LARGE Sweet Yellow Onions
- (1) bag of fresh carrots
- (1) bag of red baby potatoes
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- Butter / Margarine spray
- Big Square metal baking tray
- Slice up all the onions into rings
- Cover the bottom of the tray with the onions
- Sprinkle (1) bag of Lipton onion soup mix over onions
- Place brisket on top with fatty side up
- Sprinkle (2nd) bag of Lipton onion soup mix over brisket
- Sprinkle some fresh pepper, kosher salt, and parsley over brisket
- Cover brisket with the rest of the onions
- Drip a little Red wine in each corner of the tray
- Place beef bouillon cube at top of tray
- Peel and chop up fresh carrots into cubes and spread around tray
***Cover with foil and let cook on 375- for about an hour and a half
While Brisket is cooking, I usually like to prep potatoes.
- Rinse and scrub baby red potatoes
- Spray with butter / margarine spray
- Sprinkle and flip in kosher salt and parsley
- Take Brisket tray out of oven.
- Take Brisket out of tray and place on cutting plate
- Slice Brisket opposite of grain and place back in cooking tray (Brisket will NOT be thoroughly cooked at this point.. that’s OK- )
- Pour gravy and juices over Brisket and cover again with the onions cooking in the tray
- Place potatoes that have been tossed in butter spray and salt in tray with brisket
- Cover with foil and walk away for 4 hours..
Check to see if you need a knife to cut the meat, if you don’t the brisket is done.