Broccolini and Sausage Orecchietee
"Got so many raves on this had to add it."Serves 4 | Prep Time 10 mins | Cook Time 10 mins
Why I Love This Recipe
Found this in our local BC Liquor Store quarterly magazine. Love all the great recipes they share in there...including some great cocktail recipes I'll be adding as well
Ingredients You'll Need
4 hot italian or mild , casing removed
3 cups of diced broccolini
3 medium shallots, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
salt & pepper to taste
1 lb orecchiette (or any simliar pasta - I couldn't find this anywhere)
2 cups grated Parmegiano - Reggiano
1/2 lemon, juice only
1 tsp chili flakes, for garnish (optional but yes)
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Remove sausage from the pan and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to boil. Prepare an ice bath. Blanch broccolini for 2 to 3 minutes, then shock in ice bath. Drai.n and set aside.
3. In same skillet used to cook sausage, saute shallot and garlic unitl soft, about 3 minutes. Add walnuts and saute for 2 minutes more. Add sausage and broccolini and reduce heat to low to keep warm
4. In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water to boil to a rapid boil. Season with a couple of generous pinches of salt. Cook pasta for 8 - 10 minutes, or until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain pasta.
5. Pour 1/2 cup reserved pasta water into sausage, mixture, then stri in pasta and Parmesan. Cook for a few minutes, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Divide pasta between bowls and garnish with chilli flakes, if using.
Pairs Well With
A delicious red Italian wine