CHOCOLATE NUTTY CREAM PANCAKES
Why I Love This Recipe
Found it on the Lyle's Golden Syrup site and my kids love it
Ingredients You'll Need
300ml full fat milk
* 2 medium eggs
* 125g plain flour
* 25g butter, melted
* Extra melted butter or vegetable oil for frying
* 300ml double cream
* 40g chopped mixed nuts
* 25g chocolate, grated
* 4 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Fold in the chopped nut a grated chocolate. Keep to one side.
2. Put the milk and eggs into a jug and whisk together. Put the flour into a large bowl, and make a hollow in the centre. Gradually pour the milk mixture into the centre, whisking as you pour, continue whisking until you have a smooth batter, then whisk in the melted butter.
Alternatively put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
3. To cook the pancakes, use a non-stick 18cm/7inch pan for best results. Heat the pan on medium heat until there is a slight haze coming from it. Brush the pan with butter or oil then pour in about 70ml of batter, use a small ladle if available. Tilt the pan so the batter evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
4. Cook for about 1 minute or until the liquid batter has set and the pancake is golden. Loosen the edges of the pancake with a spatula and give a little shake Lyle’s it should come loose and move in the pan. Either flip the pancake or turn it over using a fish slice, then cook for a further minute.
5. Continue to cook more pancakes in the same way. Take each pancake (not too hot) and spread with the mixture, quickly roll up and then cut into 5cm diagonal pieces. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Kid Friendly