"How to make a Caesar Salad."Serves 4 servings | Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
I like salads, they taste fresh and some are healthy. This Caesar Salad is probably one of the unhealthier salads though. They also pair up with other foods I like.
Ingredients You'll Need
For the Lettuce:
1 large romaine lettuce
1/3 cup parmesan cheese shredded or shaved
For the Croutons:
1/2 French Baguette cut in half and thinly sliced
3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Caesar Salad Dressing:
2 small garlic cloves minced
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp of lemon juice
1 1/2 red wine vinegar
1/3 of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 of tsp of salt
1/8 of tsp of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Cut the baguette in half lengthwise through the top of the baguette then slice diagonally into 1/4 thick pieces. Place the breads onto a baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, combine 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 1 tsp of finely minced garlic. Drizzle the garlic oil over the croutons and sprinkle the top with 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese.
3.Toss until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer over the baking sheet and bake at 350˚F until light golden and crisp (10-12 minutes), or to desired crispness.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, dijon, Worcestershire, lemon juice and red wine vinegar.
5. Slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil while whisking constantly.
6. Whisk in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper.
7. Rinse, dry and chop the romaine into bite-size pieces. Place in large serving bowl and sprinkle generously with shredded parmesan cheese and cooled croutons. Drizzle with Caesar dressing and toss gently till lettuce is coated.
Pairs Well With
Spaghetti with garlic bread
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads