Cali-Caribbean Steak Street Tacos
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 large navel oranges
1-1/2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
3 teaspoons jerk seasoning
1 pound boneless beef tri-tip steak, cut 1 inch thick
2 cups baby arugula
1 Fresh California Avocado, peeled, sliced
16 white corn tortillas (6-inch diameter), warmed
1/3 cup chopped salted cashews
1. Cut one orange in half; squeeze juice from one half to measure about 3 tablespoons. For dressing, combine juice, olive oil and 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning in small bowl. Mix well; set aside.
2. Rub beef steak on both sides with remaining jerk seasoning.
3. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill steak, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steak diagonally into thin slices.
4. Meanwhile, peel remaining orange and orange half; cut into sections. Place in medium bowl with arugula and avocado. Add dressing; toss gently.
5. Stack two tortillas for each taco. Top one side of tortillas with beef slices, arugula-avocado mixture and cashews; fold in half. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving: 635 calories; 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 15 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 355 mg sodium; 68 g carbohydrate; 12.8 g fiber; 31 g protein; 8.0 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.2 mcg vitamin B12; 2.7 mg iron; 29.2 mcg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc; 110.0 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.