"Erika Ayala - SRC"Serves | Prep Time | Cook Time
Why I Love This Recipe
Pecans are my favorite and they’re even better when they are “candied” up. Super easy to make and satisfies that sweet tooth every time!
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1 pound pecan halves, unsalted (16 ounces or approximately 4 cups)
• 1 egg white
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons water
• 2/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Preaheat over to 300F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
• In a large bowl, whisk egg white, vanilla extract, and water until foamy, about 2 minutes. Fold in pecans and stir until completely coated in egg white mixture.
• In a separate medium bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt. Pour over the top of the pecans and toss until pecans are completely coated in cinnamon sugar mixture.
• Spread the pecans onto the prepared baking mat in a single layer.
• Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring after the first 15 minutes, then every 10 minutes thereafter until the sugar mixture has hardened.
• Remove the candied pecans from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet before transferring to an airtight container.