Caramel Apple Pie
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 (11 ounce) package Betty Crocker Pie Crust Mix
1/3 cup cold water
6 cups peeled, thinly sliced apples
3/4 cup white granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 (4 ounce) package caramel apple dip
1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 scoop ice cream, if desired (optional)
1. HEAT oven and cookie sheet to 400 degrees F.
2. STIR pie crust mix and 1/3 cup cold water until dough forms a ball. Roll out half of dough into a 10-1/2-inch circle. Fold dough in half and place in 9-inch pie plate. Unfold and press into plate.
3. MIX sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a bowl. Place apples in another bowl. Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss; spoon into the pie crust.
4. ROLL out remaining dough. Place over apples. Trim edges. Roll top edge under lower and pinch for a decorative edge. Cut 4 to 5 slits in top.
5. BAKE for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 hour. Drizzle warm caramel apple dip over pie. Top with pecans, whipped topping, and ice cream, if desired.