Caramel Apples (fall lab)
"Delicious caramel apples that the whole family will love."Serves 6 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
These yummy, delicious caramel apples are so good and they would be great for a Halloween party!
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
kosher salt (taste)
6 apples, well washed and dried
non stick cooking spray
toppings of choice
1. Add the sugar, corn syrup + 1/2 cup of water to a saucepan over medium-high heat, stir before the sugar begins to boil to combine the ingredients; bring the mixture to a boil
2. Cook until the mixture begins to turn an amber color, then swirl to even out color; continue to cook until the mixture is a deep amber color + then remove from heat
3. Carefully pour in the cream and gently whisk to combine; stir in the butter, vanilla extract, a pinch of kosher salt until smooth
4. One at a time, dip in the apples, using the stick as a handle swirling to coat completely, allow excess caramel to drop off the bottom
5. Set each apple on the parchment paper and sprinkle with toppings of your choice
6. Let cool and come back to them later!
Pairs Well With
These caramel apples would pair great some warm cider.