Caramel Apples (thanksgiving lab)
Why I Love This Recipe
easy fun recipe for kids to do in the fall
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tablespoons unslated butter
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Kosher salt (to taste)
6 apples (well washed and dried)
nonstick cooking spray (for parchment paper)
1. Add the sugar, corn syrup, and 1/2 cup of water to a saucepan over medium-high heat; stir before the sugar begins to boil to combine the ingredients; bring the mixture to a boil.
2. Cook until the mixture begins to turn an amber color, then swirl to even out the color; continue to cook until the mixture is a deep amber color and then remove from heat.
3. Carefully pour in the cream and gently whisk to combine; stir in the butter, vanilla, and a pinch of kosher salt until smooth.
4. One at a time, dip in an apple, using the stick as a handle and swirling to coat completely; allow excess caramel to drop off the bottom.
5. Set each apple on the parchment paper and sprinkle with toppings of your choice.
6. Let cool.
Pairs Well With
toppings of your choice