Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Why I Love This Recipe
It may not sound like a winner, but this carrot cake cupcake recipe is so moist and delicious. Heaven in a bite.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
3 extra-large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
4 cups grated carrots
¼ cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Beat the oil, sugar, and vanilla together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the eggs, mixing briefly between each egg.
3. In a different bowl, sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt cinnamon and nutmeg).
4. With the mixer on low speed, add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add the grated carrots and raisins to the remaining flour, mix well, and add to the batter. Mix until just combined.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into cupcake liners (in your muffin pan), until each is 3/4 full.
6. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.