Cauliflower Fried Rice
Why I Love This Recipe
-- Kim B.
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1 Bag Bag of frozen Trader Joes Riced Cauliflower or a head of cauliflower chopped up and “riced” in a food processor let it sit on counter for a few minutes so that it is slightly thawed…bang it a little to break up the chunks, you will need about 1½ cups chopped
• 2 Tablespoons sesame oil you can use canola if you don’t have sesame
• 1 Small onion chopped
• 1 Cup frozen peas and carrots thawed
• ¼ cup broccoli chopped
• 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
• Salt and pepper
• Garlic salt optional
• 1 Egg
1. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium/high heat.
2. Saute onions until tender. Add peas, carrots, and broccoli and cook until soft.
3. Add frozen cauliflower (or fresh riced cauliflower) to the pan. Mix with vegetables and continue to saute until the cauliflower is no longer frozen.
4. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and mix well.
5. Slide the rice to one side of the pan and scramble the egg on the other side of the pan.
6. Once the egg is cooked, mix in with the rice and add additional soy sauce (to taste preference)
7. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to preference.
8. Serve immediately.