Cheese Enchilada Chowder
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped yellow bell peppers or red bell peppers or green bell peppers
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, and finely chopped
1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Add the black beans, tomatoes, frozen corn, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper to a 4 quart slow-cooker; stir to combine.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the enchilada sauce and cream soup; whisk together.
3. Gradually whisk in the milk until mixture is smooth.
4. Pour over vegetables in slow-cooker.
5. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6-8 hours.
6. Add cheese and stir until melted.
7. Ladle hot soup into individual serving bowls and top with sour cream, guacamole and broken tortilla chips if desired.