Cheesy Crab Dip
"Submitted by Evani Perez-Davis"Serves | Prep Time approximately 20 mins | Cook Time 25 to 30 mins
Why I Love This Recipe
A delicious, cheesy crab dip you can serve at any function! Have it as a snack, as an appetizer, use it a filling or even as a light dinner of it's own!
Ingredients You'll Need
• 8 ounce package cream cheese or Neufchatel (light cream cheese),, softened
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• ½ cup light or regular sour cream
• 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• 1 tablespoon grated white onion
• 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crab meat
• 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning,, I use Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
• ½ teaspoon Worcestershire
• ½ lemon, juiced
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
• a few shakes of Tabasco, to taste
• fresh ground black pepper, to taste
• crackers, baguette slices, or tortilla chips for serving
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• Place cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream in a medium mixing bowl and stir until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and stir again until well combined. Transfer to a small baking dish and transfer to oven.
• Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until browned and bubbly.
*If you want add some spice to this dip, add a diced jalapeno and/or increase the amount of Tabasco, as desired.
**Once you transfer the mixture to a serving dish, cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator and allow to sit out for 15 or 20 minutes before baking. You may need to increase the baking time a bit to compensate if the dip is very cold when going into the oven.
Pairs Well With
• Serve with crackers, baguette slices, or tortilla chips.