"Salad, Chef's Salad"Serves 4 servings | Prep Time 45 minutes | Cook Time none
Why I Love This Recipe
Chef's salad is such a delicious and nutritious salad to go with any meal, or just to eat on its own.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/2 pounds Boston green leaf lettuce, wash, trim, and dry
salt and pepper
1 cup dressing of your choice
4 oz. imported Swiss cheese
4 oz. baked ham
4 oz. smoked turkey
4 oz. rare roast beef
2 hard-cooked eggs
1 ripe avocado
16 cherry tomatoes
1 cup toasted croutons
1. Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and put into a large mixing bowl.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss with 1/2 cup of the dressing.
3. Divide the lettuce among 4 large individual serving bowls.
4. Arrange the cheese, meats, eggs, and avocado, like the spokes of a wheel, on top of each salad.
5. Scatter the tomatoes, cucumbers, and croutons on top.
Pairs Well With