Chick'n and Dumplin's
"The perfect dinner for a cold winter night!"Serves 6 | Prep Time 15 | Cook Time 5 hours
Why I Love This Recipe
Chicken and Dumplings, with carrots and peas. Served with dumplings on top. Warm and cozy dinner in the crockpot!
Submitted by: "The Robinonson"
Ingredients You'll Need
▢ 1 ¾ cups chicken broth divided
▢ 1 ½ pounds small-to-medium chicken thighs 5-6 chicken thighs or breasts
▢ ½ teaspoon salt
▢ ½ teaspoon pepper
▢ 1 bay leaf
▢ 1 teaspoon dried parsley
▢ ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
▢ ½ teaspoon dried thyme
▢ ½ teaspoon garlic powder
▢ 1 large carrot peeled and sliced or a cup of chopped carrots
▢ 1 small onion chopped
▢ 2 - 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
▢ ½ cup frozen peas
▢ 16.3 ounces refrigerated biscuit dough
▢ Chopped parsley optional garnish
1. Shake salt and pepper over both sides of the chicken thighs/breasts and arrange in the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Add in bay leaf, parsley, rosemary, thyme and garlic powder.
3. Pour in chicken broth, carrot, onion, and cream of chicken soup. Gently stir the top to incorporate the ingredients without disturbing the chicken. It doesn’t have to be completely mixed together.
4. Cover crockpot with the lid and cook in the crockpot on high for 3-4 hours.
5. Add the frozen peas. Shred the chicken if you desire. Stir well to combine.
6. Open a can of biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into fourths. Arrange the biscuit pieces on top of everything else in the crockpot.
7. Replace the lid, turn the crockpot to high, and cook the biscuits until done, about 1 to 2 hours.
TIP: Don’t lift the lid to check on them, if possible. If you have a glass lid, you can peek through the glass. The biscuits should take on a matte look when they are finished. Cut into one biscuit to make sure it’s cooked through.
8. When the biscuits are done, adjust seasonings to taste and serve.