Why I Love This Recipe
This is a recipe I got from CalorieKing.com. I was forced to make diabetic-friendly recipies while I was pregnant and had gestational diabetes. I have changed this recipe slightly from the original.
Ingredients You'll Need
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 cups white or brown rice
1 avocado, diced
1/2 lrg. onion, diced
1/2, lrg. bell pepper, diced
1 plum tomato, seeded & diced
1 cup of cremini mushrooms, diced
sprinkle of dried basil (fresh may be used also)
olive oil for cooking
low fat sour cream for garnish
1. Prepare rice
2. While rice is cooking, heat large non stick skillet with a 2 Tbl. olive oil.
3. Saute onion, pepper, mushroom, and basil until onion is translucent, adding the tomato at the end so as not to get mushy.
4. Place veggie mixture in a large bowl to the side.
5. Heat another Tbl. or 2 in the same skillet and cook chicken.
About 5-7 minutes on each side for thin cutlets.
6. When rice is done add it to large bowl of veggies. Add avocado and toss all together till well mixed.
7. Place about a cup of the rice/veggie mixuture on each plate, top with chicken breast and dollop of sour cream.