Why I Love This Recipe
It is easy to cook this dish, that is why this is my go-to dish whenever I’m busy and in a hurry for a quick but filling meal.
We usually eat it with steamed white rice, boiled egg, and grated cheese, we pour the delicious sauce on the rice and eat it while it’s hot.
It is also a good dish to store and keep for up to a week, you just need to pop it in the microwave oven for a minute and heat it up and it will be good to eat again.
I also cooked this when we had the SAAS event of a lunch/meal together last month.
My mom taught me to cook this when I was 8 years old, and it has been since my comfort food.
It can also be done with pork, but I love chicken so this is my recipe for the chicken version of the Adobo
Ingredients You'll Need
2 chicken breasts
2 garlic cloves
1 white onion
1 large potato cut into cubes
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup vinegar
5 tbsp cooking oil
1 bay leaf (optional)
Pepper to taste
Grated cheese for topping (optional)
1 boiled egg (optional)
1. Cut chicken breasts into cubes.
2. Mince garlic. Cut onion into rings.
3. Heat up a pan and put the oil until the pan is well-covered.
4. Fry garlic till brown. Add onion and fry until soft.
5. Add soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, potatoes, and chicken. Put the pan in medium to high heat and leave to boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked.
6. Add dash of pepper to taste.
Serve in a bowl with the boiled egg and top with grated cheese (optional).
Serves 3 to 4 persons.