Chicken Caprese Skewers
Why I Love This Recipe
A perfect summer recipe! Bite size chicken pieces and cherry tomatoes are threaded onto skewers and cooked on a grill to give them a light fire kissed char, then you finish them off with fresh homemade pesto and a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze.
Ingredients You'll Need
1.75 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or your choice of meat (season with onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning)
1 pound grape tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (8 oz.) package mozzarella balls, drained
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons store-bought or homemade balsamic glaze
- 2 cups slightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
1. If using wooden skewers soak in water at least 1 hour (I like to soak overnight. I used 11 8-inch skewers).
2. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees.
3. Thread chicken and tomatoes onto skewers (as pictured above, 4 pieces of chicken and 3 tomatoes per skewer).
4. Brush both sides with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
5. Grill chicken kebabs about 4 - 6 minutes per side until chicken registers 165 in center.
6. Meanwhile prepare pesto, in a food processor pulse basil, parmesan, pine nuts and garlic several times until minced.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste and with food processor running slowly pour in olive oil.
8. Once kebabs have cooked through remove from grill and thread one mozzarella ball onto each end of the skewer, spoon pesto over kebabs and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve warm.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads