Chicken Enchilada Lasagna
Why I Love This Recipe
• Different brands of enchilada sauce may have different heat levels. A hotter enchilada sauce can be used if a spicier dish is desired.
• Sliced black olives may be added to the layers.
Ingredients You'll Need
* 2 to 3 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into small pieces (about 3 cups), divided
* 1 can (28 oz.) or 2 cans (15 oz. each) mild red enchilada sauce
* 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
* 1 can (12 fl. oz. Evaporated Milk
* 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies, undrained
* 1 pkg. (12 tortillas) 7-inch corn tortillas
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE enchilada sauce and sour cream in medium bowl. Combine evaporated milk, cheese and chiles in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
SPREAD 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture on bottom of prepared baking dish. Layer with 4 tortillas, 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture, 1 1/2 cups chicken, 1 cup cheese sauce; repeat layers one more time, starting with tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas, enchilada sauce mixture and cheese sauce. Cover with foil.
BAKE for 40 minutes. Uncover; cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Main Dish