Chicken Enchilada Soup
Why I Love This Recipe
Chili's has a great Chicken Enchilada soup. After I had some one day I decided to see if I could find the recipe online. I searched for a bit and located this recipe. Every since I first made it, whenever friends and family have a party they request I bring some along...
Submitted by: "Tom Jensen"
Ingredients You'll Need
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 lb. chicken breast fillets (approx 3 fillets)
½ cup diced onion
1 tablespoon diced garlic
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup masa harina
3 cups water
1 can enchilada sauce (Regular or Hot is fine)
16 ounces Velveeta cheese
1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
½ teaspoon cumin (more or less to taste)
1. Cube chicken breast s. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breast to pot and brown it. Set chicken aside.
2. Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat until onions become translucent. Add chicken broth.
3. Combine Masa Harina with 2 cups water in a medium bowl and wisk until blended. Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic and broth.
4. Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring to boil.
5. Chop the chicken cubes into small bite size pieces and add it to the pot. Reduce and simmer until thick.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeBy CHEF the Film
7 Recipes11876 Downloads