"Main Dish, Chicken Fajitas"Serves 6 servings | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 45 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Chicken fajitas are a great, simple recipe to give the flavors of Mexican cuisine while in the comfort of your own home.
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lime juice, from about 3 limes
2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
freshly ground black pepper
2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
tortillas, for serving
1. In a large bowl, whisk together 1⁄2 cup oil, lime juice, cumin, and red pepper flakes.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the bowl and toss to coat.
3. Let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
4. When ready to cook, heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side.
6. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice into strips.
7. Add bell peppers and onion to skillet and cook until soft, 5 minutes.
8. Add chicken and toss until combined.
9. Serve with tortillas.
Pairs Well With
side of rice
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings CookbookBy BakeSpace Fairies
6 Recipes489 Downloads