Why I Love This Recipe
Chicken, Pasta - If you double the pasta, be sure you double the sauce as well or it will be dry.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced to bit size pieces
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1/2 lb dry fettuccine pasta
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 cups prepared broccoli (fresh "or" frozen)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped red sweet bell peppers
salt and pepper
Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
2. While pasta is cooking, cook chicken in a large skillet in cooking oil until no longer pink.
3. Remove chicken; set aside.
4. Drain any leftover oil from skillet.
5. Melt cream cheese and butter in the skillet over low heat, stirring until smooth.
6. Stir in milk, garlic, bell pepper, salt and pepper.
7. Stir constantly until thickened.
8. Stir in cooked chicken, prepared broccoli and cheese.
9. Simmer 5 minutes or until heated through and veggies are tender.
10. Serve over fettuccine.