Why I Love This Recipe
This is a simple, but very tasty dish and can be served with brown rice pilaf and steamed vegetables.
Ingredients You'll Need
3 tablespoons seasoned dried breadcrumbs - we use Progresso brand Italian style breadcrumbs.
4 tablespoons Pecorino Romano cheese
4 chicken breast halves, skinned & deboned
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons Kalimata olives, sliced
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1/2 cup sherry
1. Combine bread crumbs and cheese in a shallow dish, and set aside.
2. With the flat side of a meat mallet pound each chicken breast to desired thickness.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet.
4. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture to coat on both sides. Add chicken to skillet without crowding it, and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side; Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm.
5. Add tomatoes, basil, vinegar, garlic,olives and sherry to skillet. Cook 2 minutes stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
6. Return chicken to skillet and cover, and cook for additional 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield 4 servings.