Chicken in Sweet-Sour Sauce
Why I Love This Recipe
My favorite sweet & sour recipe so far!
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 T. ketchup
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. corn starch
1/4 cup water or pineapple liquid
1 can (12 oz.) pineapple, sliced
1. Mix vinegar, sugar, pineapple and ketchup in saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Add soy sauce and paprika.
3. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
4. Mix cornstarch with water or pineapple liquid. Add mixture to pan and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear, about 3 minutes.
5. Serve over chicken or rice. Garnish with pineapple slices. Serve with remaining sauce.