Choc Ganache with Cream and Fruit Tart
Why I Love This Recipe
Tips and Tricks
1. Use strawberries/pitted cherries for topping.
2. You can use low fat cream instead of full cream
Ingredients You'll Need
240g plain flour
pinch of salt
300ml thickened cream
1 Tablespoon Natvia
1 punnet raspberries/blueberries
180g dark chocolate, finely chopped (or sugar free chocolate)
1. Place the flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blend until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 1-2 teaspoons cold water and blend again until the dough just comes together. Tip out onto a lightly floured board or clean bench and form dough into a disc, enclose in cling film and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
2. Roll pastry out to 3-5mm thick, then use to line four 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Prick the base with a fork, then place back in the fridge to rest for about 10 minutes.
3. To make the ganache, place the cream and butter in a pan and stir over medium heat until butter has melted. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl, pour over the warm cream, then stir until the chocolate has melted.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the pastry case with baking paper and pastry beads or uncooked rice. Blind-bake for 7-10 minutes, then remove baking paper and beads and bake for another 5-10 minutes until just golden. Press down any bubbles that have risen up and allow to cool. Remove from tart case and place on a serving plate or clean board.
5. Meanwhile, whip thickened cream with Natvia until soft peaks. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until needed.
6. Pour the chocolate ganache into the tart shells. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon or palette knife.
7. Top tarts with cream and decorate with raspberries/blueberries.