Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
The ultimate cookie recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon instant coffee
3/4 cup, 171 g unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
6 tablespoon granulated white sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg + 1 egg yolk (no whites)
200 g dark chocolate, chopped (70% or more)
1. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt, instant coffee and baking soda to remove any large clumps.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated white sugar and vanilla extract until fully combined.
3. Add the egg and yolk to the sugar and butter mixture, and mix until incorporated.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients 1/3 at a time, and mix between additions until just incorporated.
5. Using a wooden spoon, fold the chocolate chunks into the dough carefully.
6. Scoop the cookies onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and evenly space the dough 3 inches (8 cm) apart from one another on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a plate to cool completely.