Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies with Smarties
Why I Love This Recipe
This is our favorite!
*If using dark pans decrease temperature by 25F
Ingredients You'll Need
1 Cup butter, softened
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 Cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 Cups quick-cooking oats
1 Cup chopped walnuts (Optional)
1 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
Bag of smarties (about 3 smarties per cookie)
1.Preheat oven to 325F (165C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
3. Beat eggs, one at a time, into butter and sugar mixture, then stir in the vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture until just blended.
6. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts (optional), and chocolate chips.
7. Drop mixture by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
8. Lightly press smarties on top of each cookie.
9. Bake for 12 minutes, until cookies are light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 mintues before transferring to wire rack to cool completely (or eat warm).