Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Hi Hat Cupcakes (Gluten Free)
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
For the Cupcakes:
1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
¾ cup granulated sugar ( I use Zulka)
½ tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda
4 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
½ c cocoa powder ( not hot chocolate mix)
½ cup water
½ cup strong coffee
2 large eggs, room temperature
⅓ c coconut oil, melted
3 tsp white vinegar (not white wine)
1½ tsp vanilla extract
For the Ganachen Filling:
4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
4 ounces heavy cream
¼ c strawberry jam
⅓ cup fresh strawberries, finely diced
For the Frosting:
3 large egg whites
1½ cup sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar
¼ tsp salt
⅓-1/2 cup strawberry puree
For the Chocolate Coating:
12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
3 tbsp coconut oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 Deg. F
2) Prepare two cupcake pans with 20 cupcake liners
Make the Ganache:
1) Place the chopped dark chocolate in a small non-reactive bowl ( preferably stainless steel) and set aside.
2) Heat the cream until small bubbles form on the edges, but not boiling.
3) Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate and let sit for 5 min.
4) Stir until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is very smooth.
5) Add in the strawberry jam and diced strawberries and stir again.
6) Chill until firm enough to scoop spoonfuls, about 30 minutes.
Make the Cupcakes:
1) In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl add the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder.
3) Heat the coffee and water until steaming and pour over the chocolate cocoa mixture, stir until all the chocolate is melted, and set aside to cool a few minutes.
4) In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, vinegar and vanilla. Add this to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
5) Combine the wet mixture with the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
6) Let sit for 5 minutes.
7) Scoop out 20 rounded teaspoon sized balls of the ganache and set aside.
8) Divide the batter between the prepared cupcake pans, about ⅔ full.
9) Bake for 8 minutes, the tops will still be liquidy, and quickly open the oven and without removing the pans, place one ganache ball in each of the cupcakes and push it in slightly.
10) Bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pans for 5 minutes.
11) Remove from the pans and let cool completely before frosting.
Make the Frosting:
1) Set a pan of water over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
2) In a bowl of a stand mixer combine the egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar and salt.
3) Set the bowl over the pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom doesn’t touch and whisk the mixture for 7 minutes or until 160 Deg F on a candy thermometer.
4) Place the bowl on the stand mixer and whisk for 2 minutes on high using the whisk attachment.
5) Add in the strawberry puree one tablespoon at a time until you reach desired flavor. Whip again on high 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
6) Quickly add the frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip and pipe swirls onto the tops of the cupcakes, about 2 inches high.
7) Place the cupcakes in the freezer to firm up the icing.
8) In a double boiler or microwave, melt the chocolate and coconut oil and mix until smooth. Place in a small deep bowl.
9) Dip the frozen cupcakes one at a time, just enough that almost all of the frosting is dipped.
10) Place on a tray and repeat with remaining cupcakes.
11) Chill in refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat. Serve at room temperature
Questions, Comments & Reviews
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeBy CHEF the Film
7 Recipes11876 Downloads