Chocolate Orange Millionaire's Shortbread
"There's always room for one of these brownies"Serves 4 | Prep Time 20 | Cook Time 25 + 2hrs chill time
Why I Love This Recipe
This wasn't Terry's recipe, it was Sarah Gs recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
275g Plain Flour
100g Caster Sugar for Shortbread
200g Butter (Unsalted) for Shortbread
1 tsp Orange Extract/Flavouring
200g Butter (Unsalted) for Caramel
3 tbsp Caster Sugar for Caramel
4 tbsp Golden Syrup
397g Condensed Milk
300g Terry’s Chocolate Orange
75g White Chocolate
Orange Food Colouring
Terry’s Chocolate Orange Segments for Decoration
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Line a deep square tin with parchment paper.
3. Cream together the sugar and butter until smooth. Mix in the flour and orange flavouring until a dough is formed. It will be crumbly but the ingredients will be evenly dispersed.
4. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the square tin and bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the biscuit is pale golden on top. Remove from the oven and leave to one side.
5. In a large saucepan pour the condensed milk, butter, sugar and golden syrup and melt on a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved – stir frequently to stop anything from catching on the bottom of the pan.
6. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the food colouring and turn the heat up high. Let the mixture come to boiling point and boil for 5 – 7 minutes, stirring constantly so that the mixture doesn’t catch. BE CAREFUL – the mixture is VERY hot and can burn you if it splashes back!
7. The mixture will be ready when it has changed to a slightly darker golden colour and has thickened to a soft fudge texture.
8. Pour the caramel onto the shortbread base and leave to set for an hour in the fridge.
9. Once set, melt the chocolate orange and pour over the caramel.
10. Melt the white chocolate and mix with a small amount of food colouring. Evenly spaced, drop small ‘blobs’ of the white chocolate mix evenly across the top of the spread chocolate orange. Swirl the mix to form a pattern using the end of a cake skewer.
11. Put a chocolate orange slice on it for each piece when you eventually cut it.
12. Chill the shortbread back into the fridge for another 1 – 2 hours until the chocolate has set.
13. Chop your shortbread into the separate pieces and enjoy
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Sweet