Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
"These chocolate peanut butter bars are worth the calories and guilt and comparable to Reese’s. Betcha can’t have just one!"Serves 24 | Prep Time 25 minutes | Cook Time Refrigerate 1 hour +
Why I Love This Recipe
I have been making these bars for over 15 years and every place I serve them they are a success. They are a staple and a favorite in my family! Last year, several teachers asked me for the recipe so hope this helps them!
Submitted by: "Nicole Morresi"
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup butter, margarine melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use either)
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
4 Tablespoons of Peanut butter (for the top)
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter or margarine, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and 1 1/2 cup peanut butter until well blended.
2. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
3. In a metal bowl over simmering water, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the 4 tablespoons peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. (Add more peanut butter if you wish, I do.)
4. Spread over the prepared peanut butter crust.
5. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight, before cutting into squares.
6. Serve chilled!
Questions, Comments & Reviews
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeBy CHEF the Film
7 Recipes11876 Downloads