Why I Love This Recipe
This is the recipe my family uses for brownies, cake, cupcakes... pretty much anything that needs chocolate frosting!
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together cream and sugars in medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Once at boil, keep it boiling for one minute, stirring constantly.
- After one minute, remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Cover.
- Leave it alone for a while. Come back in 5-10 minutes and stir.
Leave uncovered for another 5-10 minutes. Come back and stir.
Repeat this process until frosting thickens runs more slowly. Usually, this takes about 30 minutes.
*You must use cream. Half and Half or whole milk will not achieve the same taste or consistency.
*If doubling, make each batch in its own saucepan, and combine after the first stirring.