"Chorizo is a spicy sausage that is great by itself but also is an amazing accompaniment to any dish."Serves 3 lbs in total | Prep Time 5 - 10 minuets | Cook Time 20 - 30 minuets
Why I Love This Recipe
Chorizo is a sausage comfort food for many people. It's spicy flavor profile is a savory addition to any dish.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 lb. Pork, lean
16 oz fatback
1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 oz Garlic, chopped
1 1/2 TBSP Cumin, ground
1 TBSP Cayenne pepper
2 tsp Salt
2 1/2 tsp Paprika
1 1/2 oz Red Wine Vinegar
1) Cut the Pork and fatback in 1 inch pieces. Grind the pork once using a medium die. Grind half of the pork a second time together with the fatback through a fine die.
2) Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mixing all of the seasonings together.
3) Fit in the sausage extruder and squeeze in the grinded meat.
4) Use synthetic casing to create the sausage link, ensuring even pressure and placement of meat.
5) Once long sausage has been made, or casing has run out, tie the end of the sausage. Fold in half and twist, then fold in half again and twist. The twists will create individual sausage links.
6) Place divided links onto a baking sheet and place in a 350 F convention oven
7) Leave inside oven for 15 - 20 minuets, until the internal temperature reaches 145 F
8) Once temperature is reached, remove from oven and let rest.
9) Cut links into whatever size you like; serve and enjoy!
Pairs Well With