Why I Love This Recipe
You can wrap 2 biscotti in cellophane baggies and tie with ribbon. They make pretty and delicious gifts!
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 t vanilla extract
2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350*F .
2. In a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light. Add the eggs and vanilla.
3. Add coconut. Gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. If the dough is sticky, dust with additional flour. Form the pieces of dough into loaves about 12-inches long. Place loaves on 2 parchment-lined cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove cookie sheet from oven.
5. Carefully remove loaves. Cool. Place cooled loaves on a cutting board. Using an electric knife, slice diagonally into 1/2-inch wide slices.
6. Return slices to the cookie sheet, in a single layer, and leave in oven (turned off) for 1 hour…flip over once.