Coconut Flour Pizza Crust: Pizza Night is Back!
Why I Love This Recipe
Everyone who follows a gluten-free diet knows one of the biggest sacrifices is a truly tasty pizza. Gluten-free crusts can be crumbly tough and dry—barely better than the board they’re rolled out on. You may not have tried a coconut flour pizza crust because the natural sweetness of coconut flour doesn’t seem like it would pair well with a savory pizza. Certainly, coconut flour does work well in all types of cakes and desserts, but we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the depth of flavor and great texture that can be achieved by using coconut flour in savory dishes too.
Lovers of cheese, tomatoes and bread have been searching for the perfect pizza since the first pie was pulled from a wood-fired oven in Naples, Italy. Now it may be true that nothing can beat an authentic thin-crust pizza cooked in the traditional way, but you can satisfy those saucy cravings and stay on track with your health goals. We’ve relied on two methods typically used by the best pie makers: Use high heat to cook the crust and don’t overload the toppings.
Ingredients You'll Need
Makes 2 standard 8-inch Crusts
• 4 large eggs
• ¼ cup plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
• ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
• ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Flour
• 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt and salt.
2. Add coconut flour and stir until the batter is smooth without lumps.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients just until they are incorporated into the batter.
4. Line two 8-inch pizza pans with parchment paper. Pour about ½ the batter onto each pan. Spread the mixture out evenly with an offset or rubber spatula. The crust will be very thin.
5. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven on center rack for 10 minutes, and remove the pans. Turn the oven to broil.
6. Add sauce and toppings, but remember not to overload the crust. This in a thin-style pizza. Do not use raw meats or vegetables that have a long cooking time. Place the pizza on the middle rack. Broil for approximately 8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and toppings are hot.
7. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads