Coconut Oil Peanut Butter Cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
You’re never too old to enjoy a classic peanut butter cookie. We think our recipe for coconut oil peanut butter cookies is even better than the kind we grew up with. Adding organic extra virgin coconut oil adds healthy nutrients such as essential fatty acids, healthful lauric acid and disease-fighting antioxidants. But healthy doesn’t matter that much if a food doesn’t taste good, right? The fresh, slightly floral and nutty flavor of high-quality organic extra virgin coconut oil makes the humble peanut butter cookie a thing of wonder. Enjoy them after school, after a horrible day at work or just because you love peanut butter—and who doesn’t. Whatever the reason, keep a batch of these protein-packed coconut oil peanut butter cookies around to make the day better.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup Coco Treasure’s Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 ½ cups crunchy-style peanut butter
2 ½ cups white flour
¾ cup Coco Treasure’s Organic Coconut Sugar
1 1/3 cups (packed) dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon dried, ground ginger or 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1. Cream peanut butter and organic extra virgin coconut oil together. Whisk in eggs until smooth.
2. Blend all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add the peanut butter mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until the ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and transfer to a platter. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for approximately 20 minutes.
4. Place dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet approximately three inches apart. Flatten balls with the bottom of a drinking glass pressed into sugar or a fork if you prefer the traditional crosshatch design.
5. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes. Do not let cookies brown. Cool for a minute or two on cookie sheet before transferring to rack.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Cookies