Coconut Orange Chops
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
4 pork rib chops, 1-inch thick
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon salt
Few drops of hot pepper sauce
Pepper, to taste
1 pound fresh spinach, cleaned, stems removed
3 tablespoons toasted coconut (3 to 4 tablespoons)
1. In blender or food processor container, combine the 1/2 cup coconut and orange juice.
2. Blend or process about 30 seconds to one minute, or until nearly smooth. Strain, pressing liquid from solids. Discard solids. Add salt and hot pepper sauce to orange juice mixture.
3. Brush chops with orange juice mixture. Sprinkle with pepper. Broil chops 4 inches from heat for 10 minutes. Turn over and brush again. Broil 4-6 minutes more or to desired doneness.
4. Meanwhile, place cleaned spinach in large kettle or Dutch oven. Drizzle remaining orange juice mixture over spinach. Cover and steam 1-1 1/2 minutes.
5. Divide steamed spinach between 4 plates. Top with a chop and sprinkle with toasted coconut.