"This Instant Pot Cranberry chutney recipe is simple to make in an instant pot or any pressure cooker."Serves 30 | Prep Time 10 mins | Cook Time 25 mins
Why I Love This Recipe
This Instant Pot Cranberry Chutney Recipe is simple to make in an instant pot or any pressure cooker. It is lightly spiced with turmeric, cayenne,chilies and sweetened with jaggery. Instant Pot Cranberry chutney cooks up in less than a minute in the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. It can be refrigerate for up to a week and frozen for longer duration,which makes it super convenient and readily available when in need.
Ingredients You'll Need
-250 gm Fresh Cranberries 2 cups / 250 gms
-50 gm Ginger 1/3 cup / 50 gms Grated or finely chopped
-12 gm Green Thai chilies or Serrano peppers 2 tbsp / 12 gms finely chopped
-40 gm Walnuts 1/3 cup/ 40 gms finely chopped
-50 gm Jaggery
-1 tbsp Oil
-1/2 cup Water
1. Start the instant pot on SAUTE mode and heat oil in it.
2. Add asafoetida and mustard seeds and let the seeds splutter.
3. Then add green chili and ginger. Saute for 30 seconds.
4. Add finely chopped walnuts and stir the whole mixture.
5. After that add cranberries and all the spices.
6. Give it a good stir to mix all the spices.
7. Add half cup water and close the instant pot lid.
8. Press CANCEL and close the instant pot lid with vent in sealing position.
9. Press MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK mode for 0 minutes and let the pressure release naturally(NR).
10. When float valves pops down, open the lid and crush cranberries with the back of spatula.
11. After crushing and mixing, add grated jaggery.
12. Stir and let it simmer on saute mode, at low heat setting until the jaggery is fully melted and mixed.
13. Turn off IP and let the cranberry mixture cool down to lukewarm temperature.
14. Transfer the mixture to a blender jar and blend it.
15. Transfer into a serving bowl and add a tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves from top for additional flavor.