Cream Cheese Flan
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup sugar
¼ cup water
1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla
1¾ cups milk
1. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Increase heat and boil without stirring until syrup turns deep amber color, brushing down sides with pastry brush dipped into water and swirling pan occasionally (about 8 minutes). Immediately divide caramel among six ¾ cup custard cups.
3. Using oven mitts, quickly rotate cups to coat sides with some of the caramel, let cool.
4. Preheat oven to 350° F.
5. Use mixer and beat condensed milk, cream cheese, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
6. Beat in eggs one at a time, then gradually beat in milk; ladle into custard cups.
7. Place cups in a large roasting pan and add enough hot water to roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cups; bake until golden and just set in center (about 50 minutes).
8. Remove cups from water and allow them to cool.
9. Cover the cups with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (can be prepared 2 days ahead).
10. Before serving, run knife around sides to loosen then dip cups into a bowl of hot water for 1 minute, wipe outside of cups dry.
11. Immediately turn the cup out onto plates; allowing caramel to drip down sides