Cream Free Cream of Broccoli Soup
Why I Love This Recipe
My Dad showed me how to make this soup, I wanted it creamy without using milk, cheese or creams.
Save the tops of your green onions for the Focaccia!
Gluten free flour works just fine in this recipe. :)
Ingredients You'll Need
5 green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup (approx) Becel butter sub
1 bunch broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup flour
4 cups stock (I use veggie)
1. Start with your chopped green onions and garlic in a medium pan with a tablespoon or so of Becel (or whatever you use), cook until your onions are almost transparent.
2. Then add another tablespoon of Becel, and with a large whisk mix in a tablespoon of flour on med-low heat. Repeat this twice more for a total of 3 tbsp each of Becel and flour.
3. Over medium heat add your stock in slowly, then the boccoli. Let this simmer, stirring from time to time for about 20 minutes.
4. Pour the entire contents of the pot into your blender, or failing that use a hand mixer to liquify the broccoli.
5. Pour back into pot and serve warm with Focaccia.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeBy CHEF the Film
7 Recipes11876 Downloads