Cream cheese sugar cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
The cream cheese and almond make a delightful & unexpected flavor combination. You can roll out the dough to make shaped cookies or you can make simple round ball cookies.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 c sugar
1 c butter
1 3-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 t salt
1/2 t almond extract
1/2 t vanilla
1 egg yolk (reserve white)
2 c flour*
* altitude 3500+ ft: add 1/4 c flour
1. Combine all ingredients but flour and egg white. Blend. Add flour gradually. Mix well.
2. If making shape cookies refrigerate dough (and egg white) for two hours (if you're making ball cookies, you don't need to do this).
3. Heat oven to 375.
4a. Cut-out cookies: roll 1/3 of dough at a time on lightly floured surface to 1/8 thickness and make shapes using cookie cutters
4b. Ball cookies: make 1" balls & press slightly once on sheet.
5. If desired, brush with egg white and sprinkle colored sugar on cookies.
6. Bake 7-10 min. Cool completely.
7. If desired, frost or decorate cooled cookies.